The Power of GratitudeMay 27, 2023
How often do we compare ourselves to others? How do I measure up to my friend, or my colleague? Underlying driver: fear of rejection!
Comparison is the thief of joy, and in today's world, it's easy to fall into the trap of comparing ourselves to others. This can have a negative impact on our confidence, peace of mind, and gratitude. But by working on our confidence, we can grow our peace of mind, develop more gratitude for everything we have, and stop comparing ourselves to others.
Research has shown that gratitude can lead to peace of mind, happiness, physical health, and deeper, more satisfying personal relationships
- Gratitude can also help diminish feelings of comparison or envy towards materialistic "role models"
- By practicing gratitude, we can become more optimistic and feel better about ourselves, leading to increased confidence
- Gratitude and happiness are strongly correlated, and gratitude moves people to experience more positive emotions, better their health, face adversity, and develop and maintain relationships
- Gratitude can also predict hope and happiness
- Developing a practice of recognition and appreciation is the way out of harmful and destructive comparison. Gratitude helps us remember our own journey, what we've achieved, overcome, persevered through, gained, learned, and become
- By remembering our own journey, we can build a strong sense of confidence and trust in ourselves.
- Gratitude journals provide a healthy method of focusing on the things in our life that bring us joy and/or peace of mind
- By integrating gratitude into our daily lives, we can develop a more positive outlook and a greater appreciation for the world around us.
Let's take a moment to reflect on what we're grateful for today. Share in the comments below what you're grateful for and how it's impacted your life.
If you like to learn more about team coaching and team assessment, then kindly get in touch with QOEN Coaching & Consulting through clicking on the button below.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.